"EK THA TIGER" - A pure masala filum ;)


Hey Guys,
 
A very good morning, good day & good evening to all my friends out there around the globe and a very special “Namaste” to all my desi people. I am trying my level best to keep up with my hobby of movie watching as well as writing and off-course the promise to you all readers. I have to admit that I am a total movie buff :), for me the so called important things in life don’t really grasp my attention as much as “desi flicks” do, I guess I am a sucker for it all – the drama, the masala, the desi romance. Just for trivia, I have probably visited the theaters here in Dubai more than a 1000 times and believe me guys I am always impressed.

“EK THA TIGER” – Is a typical Salman Khan filum which has the usual ingredients of exaggerated buffoonery, loose plot, a skimpy script, a well drafted screenplay, amazing locations and a brilliant cinematographer who excels in cinematography and lastly some amazing action sequences which always seems to be better than the previous Sallu film. Now, the obvious question from you all is that how does this one also manage to rake in the moolah at the box office ? - the answer to this is quite simple! It is only 3 things ; “Salman Khan, “Supers Stardom” & “A loyal fan base”, which equates to the enormous amounts of success that he has met with in his recent films starting with “WANTED”, “DABAANG”, “READY”, “BODYGUARD” & now “EK THA TIGER”. If you guys have been reading the news lately then you all know that the movie has grossed over INR 200 crore worldwide, which by itself spells out the fact that Mr. Salman Khan is definitely a true breed super star. Most actors depend on their director’s and script writers to make a good film, but a true superstar is one who will do a movie because he feels like it and knows well that the audiences worldwide are going to see him or her. Salman is a good actor; it really depends on the director really, I mean Sooraj Barjathiya, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Subhash Ghai just to name a few who can actually extract the best from him. I don’t mean to disregard anyone but the truth of the matter is that most of his movies as just purely masala films, which really doesn't have that much of substance and even then he has just risen from strength to strength. On a personal note I love Sallu movies as it’s always a treat to watch a full on entertainer which is paisa vasool. All Salman khan flicks are family entertainers unlike a Vishesh Films production which usually involves a heavy ingredient of sensual sexuality – hahaha. Ek Tha Tiger doesn't have the story like “Agent Vinod”, as this was a lot more stylized, "Agent Vinod" lacked the superstar ingredient which “TIGER” has and a more finer culmination in the second half of the film. The soundtrack of the movie is something which is decent, and lets not forget Katrina Kaif, who has brushed up her acting skills to the heights and there is always signs of improvement in her performances, which gives you the indication that she too is growing from strength to strength.

Watch this in a theater near you if its still playing "people" !!! otherwise just go ahead and purchase the DVD as the guy who does it all is SALMAN KHAN :) he is the star of the show.

Cheers :)
Soveik.



Comments

Popular Posts